This post is for another one of my nephews. He is the cutest, most stubborn five year old I know. It is still up in the air on weather or not AB and Aunt Mo are going to be friends, because I am just as stubborn as him. I think we are making progress however. When he was four, he would not, under any circumstances trade with me...hugs for candy. He would ask me for gum or candy every 30 seconds and I would ask for a hug or a kiss in return. He would say no. I would say no. 30 seconds would elapse and then we would start over. Last year at this time the score was Gum for Andrew = 0 and Hugs for Aunt Mo = 0. I don't know if he is realizing that he can't win, or if he just really wants the candy now, because now that he is five, the score is more like Andrew = 5 Aunt Mo = 5. I can't wait to see how this tug of war ends up.
(one of my favorite pictures ever!!!)
One thing on my side is my boys. He L-O-V-E-S his cousins and I am not above using them (and my pool) as a bargaining chip with AB. Whenever he sees the boys, especially Zack, his face lights up and it is as if no one else in the world exists.
He is getting so grown up, and will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. He is very, very smart and amazes me at how well he can already spell and write. He will definitely keep his mom and dad on their toes and I can already see that they will have to channel all his brains combined with his mischief into good.
He is an awesome swimmer and this summer is floaty free! I am so proud of him. Here are some shots of his latest tricks!
One of my favorite things about AB is his laugh. All Zack has to do is to look at him and he starts laughing and laughing and laughing. Also, anything that remotely sounds like escaping gas sets him off in a round of giggles. His big cousins showed him how to make these noises with his arm pit (sorry Mom) and he loves to demonstrate. If you don't believe me, just ask him.
He is still a little boy, but is growing up so fast. I have to post the conversation that he and I had last summer. It was his 4th birthday and we were walking from camp to camp in Grand Isle. He proceeds to tell me that now that he is four, he can go wherever he wants, whenever he wants and he does not have to ask a grown up or tell them where he is going. He then told his grandmother that now that he was four, he could say curse words. She gasped and said, "You better not." He re-thought his position and then changed his mind. He told her, "I mean, I can only say curse words on Sundays."
He loves to list people in order of who he likes the best. His baby cousin Alice is usually first, but rounding out the top 5 (depending on who is on his mind for the day) are his cousin(s) Scott, his cousin Zack/Blake/Sethie who all go together, and maybe his mom and dad and brother. I have to say, I never make the top 5, but I am campaigning hard and am happy to say that I usually rank above Uncle Jeff at least.
AB is a delight to watch and listen to. He sees the world as an opportunity of laughter waiting for him. I cannot wait to see him grow. I know that he has a wonderful ride in store for all of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment