Saturday, June 5, 2010

#250 - TS

This is a post for a friend of Jeff and mine who I admire.  Without going into too much of his business, let me just say, that his priorities are in the right place.  Life goes by so quickly and sometimes it seems like we are swept along with the tide.  We all have so many obligations pulling on us from all sides.  Work...Extra curricular activities...Friends.  It is all good, but often we lose sight of what is really important and what should be the focus of our everyday lives.  In my opinion, this is our families.  From my viewpoint, #250 was getting swept along with the tide until a tragedy in his life caused him to re-prioritize and re-structure.  He stepped up to the task, made the necessary changes, and made it work.  He did what was best for his family and the result is two wonderful, very well-adjusted children who are secure in their father's love and dedication to them.  In other words, "He raised them right." 

I admire him and his dedication to his family.  Sometimes when I am bogged down with busyness of my own creation, weather it be work, OCD cleaning, excessive volunteering, or even too much Me-time, I say this little prayer to help me re-set, and remember what is most important to me.

Lord,  Please help me today to remember what is important in my life.  Reveal to me any place where my priorities are off.  Show me where I have put other things, people, or activities before You or my family.  Help me to complete the necessary tasks that I have in front of me efficiently so that I can dedicate ample time to my family.  Don't let me waste time on things that are not important or get caught up in non-necessary busyness.  Help me make time for my husband, my children, and the rest of my family because this is what is most important to me.  Let me do whatever it is I need to do to be able to spend both quantity and quality of time with them.  I ask this in Your name.  Amen

No comments: