Monday, June 14, 2010

#258 - MH

When I first met #258, she was modelling wedding gowns at a plantation home in Baton Rouge.  I was newly engaged and on the lookout for the perfect gown.  #258 was just starting to date a childhood friend of mine, and his mother told my mom and I that we should go to check out the show.  I can't really remember if I actually met her that day, but I remember thinking how beautiful and bride-like she was.  Fast forward a few frames and #258 and childhood friend are still dating.  He brings her down for our annual family vacation to Grand Isle.  This is the first time that I really remember meeting her and talking to her.  I found out she was from New Iberia which is very close to Jeff's kin folk.  This make her almost kin, right?  We all remember a funny mass at G.I. where we had to shake hands and introduce ourselves and the lady behind us yelled out, "Fontenot, New Iberia!" in response to MH's introduction.  She and childhood friend eventually got married and four kids later are a part of my daily life.  Her oldest is the same age as my middle one, and she is a valuable source of information on all things school.  I tell #258 and her daughter often, but I will take this opportunity to tell them again, "Thank you for always answering your phone when you see it is Zack and I calling and thanks for all the answers to questions, study help, and letting us come to borrow the book of the night that we forgot at school."

I also have #258 to thank for pulling me kicking and screaming into the school Co-Op.  "Come on, join...I'll be president and you can be VP so it won't be too hard on either of us!" I remember her begging.  Five years later, she has managed to take a lessor (but still very helpful) role while I still cannot get rid of the VP binder!

To close I will say, it is good to have good friends.  Our kids keep us busy and often in different directions, but it's good to know that she is always just a phone call away.  :)

No comments: