Thursday, June 10, 2010

#255 - EBM

This is a friend of mine from PT school.  It's funny how small the world is, because I thought she was my friend first, but she actually was from my hometown, was friends with some of my "older" friends first (right Danu?), and she was the granddaughter of the teacher who taught me cursive.  (# 239 - See here.)

What I remember the most about #255 was that she was in school to learn to be a physical therapist, but she was a wonderful artist.  She could draw beautifully.  I heard her say once that after she finished school, she would love to go to work for a publishing company and draw the anatomical drawings in the medical textbooks.  Like Netter's Atlas.  I mean have your ever really wondered who drew these? 

She totally could do it.  When we would study, she would recreate muscles and nerves just like it was a picture out of the book.  A true talent.

Before she went to PT school, I think she worked for some sort of a graphic design firm in Atlanta.  I think after PT school, she went into private practice and I know had at least one if not two children.  Lots of talent...great person! 

Thanks #255 for taking extra time to help me learn.  I remember lots of group sessions in the library and you always seemed like you "got it" long before I did.  Thanks also for the wonderful watercolor drawing you gave me one Christmas.  It probably took you about 5 minutes to draw this picture of Santa, but I think it is awesome.  I still put it out every Christmas!  I hope you are doing well, and if this blog makes it your way, give me a call!

No comments: