Monday, June 7, 2010

#252 - JB

#252 is one of my second cousins.  I haven't seen him in a really, really long time.  He is several years older than me, and lives in Florida.  When I was growing up, I saw him about once a year, at Thanksgiving.  At that time, we would get together at my dad's aunts house or one of my dad's cousins house and spend the day with lots of second cousins that I did not even know.  I'm not sure when we stopped doing that, but now, we only see that side of the family at funerals. 

Anyway, back to said cousin.  He was the definition of a "pretty boy."  I think he spent some time modeling for awhile.  He married the sister of one of my high school classmates and they moved to Florida a long time ago.  I have no idea what he does for a living.  I know that he and his wife never had any children.  I'm not sure if this was by choice or not, but I cannot imagine not having kids.  He was always nice to me.  I remember looking forward to going to his house for Thanksgiving.  I thought that they lived really, really far away, but now I'm thinking that it wasn't far past the mall?  Not really sure (Dad, help me out here.)   I'm sure I followed him around with moon eyes because he was so nice and friendly and was so nice to look at.  Anyway, he was just a blip on my radar in my first 39 years.  I hope that life has treated him fairly and that he is happy in whatever it is that he decided to do.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Jody became a teacher and coach, and yes, his students are in love with him. His wife is a court stenographer. They wanted kids but could never have any.