Thank the good Lord, I am pretty healthy. In my family, we laugh and say that my dad (who hates germs) always got mad at us when we were sick as kids, so I trained my body to not be sick. I can still hear him saying (with love of course), "Quit that coughing! If you feel bad, call #2 and go get a shot. If you don't want to get better, don't cough by me!) :) Love you dad!
With that in mind, my philosophy of treating illness developed. I rarely take over the counter medication. If I take a Motrin, I have to be feeling pretty rotten, and it pretty much knocks me out. If I am really sick, I do got to #2 for a shot, and am usually back in action by the next day. I also believe that sweating helps you to feel better. I know that this is really not the case, but in my mind, coughing and sweating get out the bad germs and make room for some healthy ones. Weird, I know and mostly untrue, but there it is.
But, I digress...
The point I was getting at is that since I don't get sick too often, I am not really a doctor jumper. I have pretty much had the same doctors all my life. I see the doctor for an occasional cold, a yearly check up, a teeth cleaning, and when I had my babies. Several years ago however, I did have a problem that I did not feel one of my doctors (not #2 of course) was addressing to my satisfaction. I did a little asking around and found #275. I don't know if it is that she is very thorough with all of her patients. I don't know if it is that she is a female. I don't know if it is that she did not know me and did not assume anything about me. Or maybe it may even be that I gave her a little more information than I gave my previous doctors. All I do know is that she got to the root of my "illness", offered me options, and then helped me to get better.
Very professional, very thorough, and very smart. I appreciate her dedication to me and to all of her patients. I am glad I found her, even though I hope I don't have to see her too often.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment