I cannot think of this person without a smile on my face. She has made me laugh so many times that I am finding it hard to narrow down my stories, but I will try...
She is the older sister of one of my best friends. She has the bluest eyes that I have ever seen and they are offset by dark black hair and freckles. That does not mean that she has not had her share of blond moments.
Like the time that she got her drivers license and took me and my friend to New Orleans to eat at Camilla Grill. For those of you familiar with this famous eatery in uptown, you know that parking is always a challenge and usually parallel. #281 found the perfect spot right in front of the grill, pulled up just like she should have, turned her wheel, and started to ease on in. She kept backing and backing and backing up until...BAM! She hits the car behind her. Unfazed, she puts it in drive, turns her wheel, and starts inching forward...forward...forward until BAM! She hits the car in the front of her. By this point, my friend and I are looking at each other wide-eyed. Neither of us have our license yet, but we are both pretty sure that you are not actually supposed to strike the cars alongside of you. #281 keeps on...reverse, turn wheel, back up until BAM!...drive, turn wheel, inch forward...BAM! This goes on a for a few cycles until she decides she's got it and stops. She then looks at us and says, "What? That's what bumpers are for!"
Or the time that she came visit for Christmas (after having a few drinks at dinner) and proceeds to carry on a conversation with Jeff's dad for about an hour. I'll point out that she has known Jeff and his dad at this point for over twenty years, when she says to Jeff's dad, "Gosh Jeff, I can't believe how grown up you are...You look just like a dad."
Love her...makes me laugh...
Years ago, the lure of bright lights and big city pulled her from here to La La Land where she had dreams of becoming an actress. She did land a few minor roles on some TV shows and movies, but the big break through has not hit her yet. She has instead made a career out of being a personal assistant and in the process has gotten to see and do some awesome things. I keep up with her through her brother and sister and always love to hear "Claw-stories."
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment