Wednesday, July 7, 2010

#280 - PE

Childhood seems like it lasts forever when you are a child.  For adults watching their kids grow however, it just flies by.  Jeff and I were just talking this morning about our oldest and how in four short years, he will be in college.  How can this be when we just graduated from high school??? :)

Anyway, this postee is about a young man who it seems to me, fast-forwarded from a kid in saggy diapers who was always following his big brother and his friends around, straight to a husband and father who signs his name with the initials M.D. at the end.

He probably won't appreciate me saying it, but when he was little he kinda had a lisp.  As I have mentioned in an earlier post, Star Wars, was the latest and the greatest and #280, my brother, and his brother would dedicate a good portion of each day to "playing" Star Wars.  I can still hear #280 telling the older boys, "You be Bocca (Chewbacca) and I be Wuke (aka Luke Skywalker)."


Or he would say, "You flirst, you second, and I be flurd."  :)

I also remember the time that all three boys raided the orange trees in the backyard for "bombs" to throw at cars.  The would hide behind Mr. Timmy's El Camino, and when the cars would pass, they would throw the oranges at the cars.  One day, one of the cars stopped and the guy got out, furious.  Older brother and older friend ran and hid and left #280 to take the blame.  If I remember correctly, the guy in the car spanked him before driving off. 
Good times...good times...

Today when I think of #280 a different story comes to mind.  A wife who is as beautiful on the outside as she is sweet on the inside.  A daughter who looks so much like her daddy it isn't even funny, and one on the way.  He is also a practicing orthopaedic surgeon who is doing a great job.  His patients love him.  He takes his time with them and gives them the quality care that they deserve during their office visits and then backs it up with solid surgical skills in the O.R. 

 As a private practice therapist, I am appreciative of all the referrals that he sends my way.  As an ex-next door neighbor who watched him grow up, I am so proud of him.  He grew up when I wasn't looking into a good doctor, a good husband, and a good daddy.

No comments: