Monday, July 12, 2010

#285 - CB

You never forget the friends you had when you were little.  This is another long-ago friend/boy cousin that I played with as a child, did not see much in elementary school, was a grade behind in high school, and have probably only seen him twice since.

Our grandmothers were sisters.  I stayed with my grandmother a lot when I was little, and he must have too because I remember playing together in my grandmother's backyard, at his grandmother's house, and in his barn on holidays.  He belongs to the part of the family that we saw only at Thanksgiving.  His mom and my dad are first cousins, and were close as children, but again...not so much as adults.  When we were in high school, he was a grade older than me and it was kinda nice to have an older (and pretty cute) relation to show you the ropes.

He now lives around Luling and is married and has two kids (I think).  I remember his first is a boy named Bailey, and the second is a girl, but I cannot recall her name.  He use to work at the Ruby Tuesday's at Esplanade mall and may have moved into management in their chain.  But...I'm kinda sad to say that I don't really know for sure.

The last time I saw him was at his grandfather's funeral.  I brought my grandmother and he and I got to catch up for a minute.  He looked great and I could tell loved the life that he made with his wife and children.  I'm happy for him.

No comments: