Tuesday, July 13, 2010

#286 - AB

I'm not sure how many of my readers have kids who are still in school...and by kids, I specifically mean boys.  I am not bragging when I say that I do not have stupid kids, but if I am being honest, I will say that school is not always their number one priority.  I am use to it now that I have spent 10 years in my second round through elementary school, but I will admit that at first it was very foreign to me that my boys were not as into school as I always had been.  Jeff was not as confused as I was, but that is a different story.  Anyway, it has been a common theme with both of my older boys (jury still out on #3) to forget most of their homework, most nights.  The school they attend makes them copy their assignments down off of the board to a specific assignment pad every day.  They have to get it signed and it is checked for a signature every day.  They have always been very good about writing down all of their assignments.  The problem is that often, that is where it stops.

Work with me here...If under Math, the assignment says, "Workbook pages 31-32," wouldn't you think that maybe, just maybe you needed to bring your Math Workbook home?  That doesn't always occur to my boys.  Or if the assignment says, "English - Test tomorrow," the English book should come home????  I don't know if it is just a boy thing, but thank goodness, I have been very fortunate to find a female classmate who lives nearby, in each of my boys classes that can help us out.  One of these girls is #286. 

She lived about 6 houses down the street from us and saved baby boy #1 more times than I can count.  They were in the same class from K-7th and now attend VC together.  I will say for the record that after about 6th grade, this got a lot better and baby boy #1 "got it."  Math WB = bring Math WB home.  Reading story = bring Reading book home.  Social Studies test = bring Social Studies notes home. etc, etc, etc.  Like I said, 6th grade - so baby boy #2...maybe this is our year :)

Anyway, a shout out to #286...

Very cute and always polite
Made the cheerleading squad at VC
Always met us 1/2 way down the street
Saved us many, many times

Thank goodness for little girls :)

No comments: