Tennis - check
Baton - not so much
Volleyball - yes
Basketball - no, thanks
The important thing was the experience. I've tried to do the same thing with my boys. I try not to be stereo-typical and even though a lot of boys (or their fathers) don't see art and drama as "manly", try telling that to Brad Pitt or Michelangelo. (Or my brother whose girls have mounted squirrels in their rooms). Anyway, the point is...all 3 of my boys love art and #294 is an awesome teacher.
#294 also teaches a photography class. When I got my new camera a few years ago, my dad and I signed up for her class. I will admit that I had no idea that the M on my camera dial stood for manual, and I had no idea of all the things that I could do. Although my crazy schedule only allowed me to make 2 out of the 6 scheduled classes, I completely enjoyed both of them and learned tons of cool stuff to do with my camera. I learned about positioning for the best shots, I learned how to take pictures of fireworks, and I learned that I needed a much bigger flash to take pictures inside (thanks Jeff :)
In this case, I think pictures are stronger than words, so you judge for yourself.
Seth's first piece of artwork (3 weeks of classes):
Zack's second piece of artwork/wood burning (2 months of classes):
Blake's entry to last years art show:
Which is a copy of this famous painting by Vincent Van Gogh called "The Starry Night"
I am impressed every week with the talent #294 pulls out of these kids and her creativity and how much they love taking her classes. We are blessed to have her art studio in our area. Check it out here.
Check out the gallery for more outstanding work!


No comments:
Post a Comment