Toppers
Braggarts
Know any???
#211 is one, but like we all wish...he got his.
I first met him when he applied and I hired him for a job at my office. His job title was PT technician. This job requires no formal schooling and no previous experience. It is basically on the job training where the PT tech learns what he or she needs to do based on the needs of the therapist that they are working with. Some examples of job duties might include: laundry, cleaning treatment rooms, bringing patients from the lobby to treatment rooms, bringing proper equipment to patients etc. These are the job duties that #211 was hired to do. I'm not sure where he decided that I really did not mean for him to do that job, but instead to do MY job and the job of the other therapists AND even sometimes the patients referring DOCTOR's job. His only background in medicine was that he was a medic in the army for about a year and a half. I am aware that in the service, there are certain privileges that do not translate to the civilian world, but I'm pretty sure passing yourself off a a doctor is not one of them. I also know for a fact that just because you work out and have muscles, you are not a physical therapist.
Anyway, he lasted about 6 months at my office. He received numerous marks against his record for advising patients what they should or shouldn't do based on "his experience." He repeatedly had to be redirected to the laundry room instead of looking at himself in the mirror and working a few dumbbell curls into his daily duties. Now that I think about it, he kinda reminds me of
Anyway, basically he was fired for being a jerk and an idiot (those are not the official terms that appeared on his discharge papers) and off he went in search of someone else to aggravate. He eventually got a job at the hospital where I guess it is a little easier to fly under the radar. I did not hear anything about him for many years, and then one day, he came into my office requesting a meeting with me. Turns out he was now working at a local "school" that decided that they would start a "program" to graduate Physical Therapy technicians. If you are paying attention, that is the same job that he previously held at my office...the one where no training is required. He and his school were charging students $12,000 (yes that is 3 zeros) tuition to teach then how to do something that doesn't need teaching. He was coming to see me to ask if his "students" could apprentice at my office to complete their field of study before graduation. Can you believe the nerve??? What a tool and a scam artist. About a year later, I got a phone call from someone from the same school requesting a meeting with me. I asked what about and basically she said it was to talk to me about their students apprenticing. I explained to her that I thought what they were doing was fraud and that I thought it was sinful that they were taking these kids tuition and giving them a "diploma" that did not amount to a hill of beans. Then I asked what had happened to #211. I listened, and then I smiled... Sometimes people do get what was coming to them. He was in jail and had been terminated from his job for writing prescriptions for medication and passing himself off as a doctor.
What a jerk!



No comments:
Post a Comment