Friday, April 23, 2010

#207 - SEM

Have you ever seen the movie, The Sound of Music?  Do you remember the singing nanny?  Was she a nun?  Now that I am thinking about it, I am remembering that she was definitely NOT a nun, because she hooked up with the Von Trapp kids' father at the end right?  OK, let me back up and start over. 

When I was in elementary school, I had two nuns that worked at my school.  One was post # 171, and the other one was this post.  I'm really not sure if she is still living or not, but I'm going to take a leap and think that she will not read my blog so I will name her.  Her name was Sister Ethel Marie.  (I don't think that was her real name, so I'm probably HIPPA safe...  Do nuns fall under HIPPA guidelines??? - Wow- I am really distracted).

OK, so anyway, we have Sister Ethel Marie.  I don't remember if she actually taught a class, but the reason that I remember her is that she played the guitar with me at mass.  There were also a few other members of the professional working community that were fellow strummers with Sister Ethel and me (right Scott and Bubby?) (oops HIPPA again).  Anyway, all you Bluejay alumni know exactly what I am speaking of. 

I really have no better way to bring Sister Ethel back to your minds than to leave you with these words:

Bloom, Bloom, Bloom where you are planted
Bloom, Bloom, Bloom where you are planted


Those are all the words that I remember, I do remember that you play it with a Capo on......
Wow...the things that stick in my mind, but I can't remember names...Sigh...

No comments: