My faithful readers know that I have a lot of boy cousins. #194 is another one. Whenever I see him now, I am always taken aback because he is so big and grown up. When he was a little boy, he had hair that was so blond it was almost white. It was also straight as a pin and would swing back and forth from his "bowl" cut. I am a good bit older than him, so I was away at school when he did a lot of his growing up. He is now a man. He is a huge workout guy and his muscles have muscles. He has worked in the oilfield industry, the restaurant industry, and even in the fitness industry. He is still looking to find the perfect fit for him, and I know that one day he will.
These days we usually only see each other on holidays when our families get together. In our family however, the bonds that we made as children growing up, will last a lifetime. As I look at my own kids playing so hard with their cousins, it is hard to imagine that one day they will not be as close. Paths change, people change, and our different roads we take lead us in different places. I know though that when they are adults, they will always cherish the memories of growing up being close to family, just as I do.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment