I've posted before about guys who are jack of all trades. Here comes another one. Not only does he know how to do a lot of stuff...if he doesn't know how to do it, he knows someone who knows how to do it. He has worked for Jeff for awhile, and I consider him a friend and a really good guy to know. If I ever need anything, I can pick up the phone and I know that he would help me out. In today's world, to me, this is really a comfort. I've watched his two daughters grow up and they are the apple of his eye. One has helped me out as a babysitter several times until I realized how close in age she is to Blake and those sorts of things started to matter... I met his dad several years ago when he came to our house to help with some odds and ends...just things that needed fixin and we never seemed to be able to get to them. It was then that I realized where #204 got all his know-how.
One funny story is the time that I asked #204 if he had any rope I could use for a fun day at my kids school. I wanted something to suspend an old tire from the baseball backdrop so that we could "create" a football toss for the kids to try to win prizes. If any of you have ever been in my backyard, you will see the creation #204 came up with. Stainless steel, tire suspended with holes drilled at three different heights to accommodate different age kids, and last but not least - it breaks down easily into pieces so that I can transport it! Strong Work #204 and thanks for all of you help and your friendship over the years! P.S. Please feel free to teach my boys any of the stuff you know at any time!


No comments:
Post a Comment