Tuesday, April 6, 2010

#190 - CL

There are a lot of things that I can do well.  This makes it much easier for me to own up to the things that I am really, really bad at.  One of these things is matching and decorating aka making things look right.  I got a full dose of this while my house was being built.  Example, "Ms. T.  Which way do you want the bricks in the kitchen to go?"  "Ms. T, what kind and color hinges do you want?"  "Ms. T., what color walls, what color light switches, what color doorknobs?"  Ahhhh!   It did not take me long to realize that I needed help.  Help, for me, came by the way of #190.  She helped me pick out many, many things in my home and I will always be grateful.  I can look at something and tell you if I like it or don't like it, but I could never reproduce it or pick it out from a list on my own.  It totally is not my thing (and I really don't care).  When I look around my house and see colors that are relaxing, cook, refreshing, clean, and neutral...I know she listened to what Jeff and I envisioned for our home and she got it right.  I have to admit, I had my doubts when she showed me the color palette that she had chosen and it all looked like khaki to me.  I remember her telling me she was going with something really funky in the pool house bathroom.  I was thinking purple...or orange..., and then she proceeded to show me a color swatch that was pale yellow.  Really about two steps from khaki.  Hmmm.. funky???  I'm not sure about this, but I am not to proud to admit it looks great!  Same with when she told me she wanted to paint my oldest's room in stripes.  I was thinking candy canes, but was we ended up with was very tasteful and very elegant.   She also helped me pick out curtains, wall colors, furniture, and some accessories that I just love.  I shudder to think what this would look like if I was left to my own devices.  (Probably a lot like my first house... can anyone rememeber my floral couches and striped chair???? Ouch!)  Of course she was compensated for all of her assistance, but I also owe her a big thank you.  Many of the compliments that I receive on my home are really meant for her and I want to let everyone know.  She and a partner (who has also helped me out) own their own store in town with great merchandise.  I encourage anyone who is looking for new furniture, cool accessories, great gifts, or some advice to pass by and check them out.  They don't appear to have a website, but here are directions.

Thank you #190 for using your talents and your creativity to help make my home aesthetically pleasing, relaxing, calming, and a place that I always look forward to being.

No comments: