Monday, September 27, 2010

#363 - Prayer Request

I cannot even make my mind focus right now with the terrible news that our little town heard today.  Four lives taken away, so quickly, so unexpectedly.  I did not know any of these children personally, but that does not matter.  When it comes to tragedy such as this, we are reminded that our town is still a little town at heart and when one of us is hurt...we all hurt.

Just yesterday I was praising VC and how they have managed to keep up with the times and still teach strong values.  In the weeks and months ahead, they will have the challenge of guiding their students through the grief process.  A daunting task for all.

Within hours of the news, I received notification from the school via email, text, and voice message that a special mass will be offered tomorrow morning for the entire school and all family and friends are welcome.  Counselors will be present for all who need to talk.

There are several people I know personally who have lost children unexpectedly.  I cannot even begin to imagine their sorrow.  This blog post prayer is for the ones that I know, the parents and families of the four children who lost their lives last night, and for all parents out there who have ever had to live through this tragedy.  This is the prayer that was emailed to me by the VC Mother's Club.  Please pray it now.

Heavenly Father,
You sacrificed your son so that we and our children would transcend physical death. We know that you grieved when he was crucified. You know and understand grief as you know and understand all. You know best how to comfort all those who mourn these precious children. Lift our hearts up to you and fill us all with your peace. Your understanding is beyond our human comprehension, but give us the knowledge and faith to endure even that which we cannot understand. Let us be aware of you always, Father, and help us to remember that your love is Life that can never really be taken away.

We ask this in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments: