I am a VC alumni. When I went to school there, I went from the Bluejays and a class of 15 kids to the Terrier 8th grade class of 110. I thought it was huge. Fast forward 25 years and my oldest started 8th grade in a class of 217 kids. VC has more than doubled in size since I was there and I was a little curious about how the school, staff, and facility responded to the growth. I will say for the record that I have been pleasantly surprised. Both years that I have attended orientation I have come away impressed with the professional front presented as well as a feeling of pride in my alma mater. In the forefront is #361. When I was a student, he was a teacher. Now that I am a parent, he is the president of the school. He makes it a point to stop and talk to many parents and always asks about all of my kids personally. When Blake was in 7th grade, he called me to ask if Blake would like complimentary tickets to the VC play. He had heard that Blake had done some some theatre and he just thought that he may enjoy coming to watch the high school production. Totally unanticipated...great PR.
I'm sure as the years go by, I'll have my issues. I don't think there is a school that doesn't have them. But for now, I stand impressed that our little town has a school strong in pride, stressing education and higher learning, and turning out well rounded young men and women. I'm glad that they have stepped up to the plate and grown and changed with the times.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment