I met #356, I guess about a year ago when she and a co-worker approached me about renting space in my office. We worked out a deal and just like that, our little bitty office staff grew by two. One thing that all my employees have heard me say is, "We are too small of an office to gossip, fuss, or fight like a bunch of girls. No whining!" I really mean this. I mean...I know, I am a girl. That fact has not escaped me. I also realize that except for one, all of my co-workers are female. But I know that all of you...male and female... know that women can get hung up on the stupidest things and these things can snowball out of control. Anyone who has ever worked in an office should also know, that it only takes one person to rock the boat and next thing you know you have backstabbing and alliances. All this does is hurt feelings and waste time and energy. Just come to work...do your job...do it well...and then go home and enjoy your family. My own philosophy.
Whew! Total digression from the thought that I started with. #356. She got all of the above and I never even had to tell her. She fit into our daily groove and work flow like she had been there since the beginning. She is a professional...she takes care of her stuff...she does her job...she does it well...she goes home to her family. She is a hard worker and takes care of her two kids who I know make her proud, even though she is hesitant to toot their horns too loudly. I have listened to the stories about her kids, and from what I hear, she has a lot to be proud of.
Without getting too much into her business and blasting it all over the Internet, I know that sometimes #356 has had things thrown at her that would take down a weaker woman. But, just like Reggie Bush (yes, I am watching the Saints game while I post), she puts her head down and keeps going. Women of the world take note! We are strong! Hear us roar!
Have you ever wondered why, it is so easy to shoot someone down, and we don't take equal time to give a compliment? And why as women our first inclination is to deny the compliment? So #356, take the compliment...you deserve it! Just take the compliment sitting down while resting the hip! :)
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment