Fast forward 17 years. The prince and the princess now have a home of their own that they occasionally use to host weddings. The princess realizes all of the hard work and planning that goes into hosting such an event. She understands that just because the event will be held in one room, does not mean that the guests will not want to look in all the rooms. (which she gladly shows each time because they are clean :) She also understands that when the event is hosted with love...it is not an inconvenience, even if it does take some extra work to be sure all the dirty little boy socks are clean, folded, and properly stowed.
Jeff and I had the pleasure of returning the favor and hosting the wedding of this wonderful friend and she is #183 on my blog.
She was my parent's next door neighbor growing up and I remember lots of late nights watching the grown ups play bridge. She then moved not to far away into the future wedding house, and I remember many fun summer days of picking satsumas and swimming in the pool that was in their backyard. I remember thinking that one day, I would have a pool of my own with a cool cabana, just like theirs. I remember BBQ in the screened in porch by the pool, and then waiting the required 30 minutes before we could swim and dive again. Later, she moved back into the house next door to my parents, and now just down the street. Always a friend to me, and always extending her kindness my way. She is now happily retired and happily remarried and I am so happy for her. She looks wonderful and I am so glad that she has been part of my journey. I want to take this opportunity to thank her for all the good memories that I have that she was a part of. THANKS!!!!!




1 comment:
Good post. What a cool full circle moment! Also, love Mrs. Mary's dress at your wedding... very retro, think it was Care's grandmothers.
Post a Comment