Tuesday, September 29, 2009

#1 On My List and In My Heart

# 1 - JT

No, not Justin Timberlake.  Not even, James Taylor.  If fact, this JT can only carry a tune if he has his ipod on (sorry babe).  Most of you have guessed it...it's my hubby!  Our paths have been crossing since way back to 1981 when he was a 5th grader and I was an older woman (6th grader).  The story changes each year depending on who is telling it, but from that point on, we were in the same car (or bus to the LSU game).  Sometimes I drive and sometimes he drives.  Sometimes the roads are smooth, and sometimes they are rocky.  Sometimes we lose our way, but we always seem to get back on the right path, and head in the same direction.  We have been friends for 28 years, an official "couple" for 23 years, and in January will celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary.
I




I just had to include one from back in the day!

Prom 1987



Key words: husband, dad, friend, businessman




   

2 comments:

Michele Olsen said...

You are such a good writer!! What an awesome decription of your relationship--can't wait to read the next installment--this could get addictive!! :) Michele

Anonymous said...

Mo-

As you said this morning when you called, you can comfort yourself with knowing that you will always be younger than I am. Today, I am 45 years old. If it makes you feel any better, the last 5 years have been some of the best years of my life. Happy Birthday, my friend. Hopefully, we have many more road trips awaiting us. Danna