Sunday, March 7, 2010

#160 - Random woman

I have gotten a few comments lately that my blog posts have been very random people....  I don't know what to say except for
1.  I'm just following the list.  and  2.  You try to come up with 365 people to write about.

This one, I will admit, is also random, but she is representative of many people out there lacking the proper social graces.  She is the wife of a guy I know through work.  He does some subcontracting for me for equipment.  They have several children and I have met her several times at various school/athletic events for the kids.

The reason she sticks out in my mind is because one of the last times I talked to her (and yes, sometimes I can hold a grudge), was at my seven year old's Mom's Day Out preschool graduation.  So, I'll do the math and tell you that Seth was five and therefore it had been six years since I had been in the "family way."  I was actively participating faithfully at least 4 days a week in some sort of an aerobic exercise program.  Let me put it to you this way,  my "fat clothes" were too big, and I was not having to go out and buy something new to fit into for the ceremony if you get my drift.

Anyway, as we were walking out of the church building on that Sunday afternoon, #160 is walking next to me.  We exchanged, "Hi's" and "How are you's."  Then out of the blue, she busts out with, "I didn't know you were having another baby!"  "I'm not," I reply.  "Oh....." she says with an awkward pause and a glance down my body.

!#%!  What is that about?  Why do people say things like that?  Immediate self confidence from 100 to 0 in the time it takes to utter that one sentence.  I know that all you girls out there have probably heard this.  It usually comes from an old aunt or your old next door neighbor.  IT SHOULD NOT COME FROM A GIRLFRIEND!  We must unite!  From that day forward, whenever I see someone who is looking a little round in the belly area.  I not only do not ask...I do not even think it!  After all, if they wanted you to know...don't you think they would tell you?

Golden Rule of today's post: 

When In Doubt...Don't Say It!

How's that for random?

No comments: