I'm not sure what he did as a younger man, but when I met him, he was sole owner and proprietor of the LA Bar. Now, for those of you who are thinking LA means
you will have to readjust your mind set. In this case, LA refers to a itty bitty small town U.S.A. with one main street with a median. Back in the day, the main thing for high schoolers to do in LA, was to drive in a loop down one side of Main St. and up the other side...making the loop around the huge tree planted at the end. Along this Main St. median was the LA Bar, and this was where Uncle CT spent his days. His day started early with coffee for all the locals. Mid-day was a meeting spot and then things picked up again in the late afternoon as soon as everyone knocked off of work. Think Cheers.The LA Bar was definitely the place where everyone knew your name! (and #176's)

Uncle CT retired when he just couldn't go anymore. He closed the bar and switched his morning coffee from his bar to the local Time Saver. He said that he needed to slow down, but whenever we saw him, he looked and acted just the same as always. He always had a twinkle in his eye and loved to spend time with his family. He made many trips down to see us for graduations, birthdays, Mardi Gras, and hurricaine evacuations. Whenever he and Jeff were together a discussion about how to cook a gumbo would always surface.
Uncle CT passed away about a year and a half ago. I miss him. I know Jeff misses him as well as his wife, his brother and sister, his kids, his grandkids, and his great grandkids. His funeral services were packed with all of the people whose lives he had touched. He was a quiet man, but such a large personality, that his absence leaves quite a mark. This picture is how I will always remember Uncle CT when I think of him.



No comments:
Post a Comment